Asian Sticky Chicken Wings.
I’ve always loved sticky chicken, but that’s not the only reason I love this dish. It’s so easy to prepare, and it makes for one heck of a party dish!
When I’m hosting a cookout with friends or family members, we always make Sticky Chicken. It’s also super simple to create variations on this recipe if you want something different than classic “sticky” chicken. I’m sure you’ll love this one as much as we do!
What is Sticky Chicken
This recipe is great for people who love chicken, but don’t like how it usually comes out. The sticky sauce coats the chicken and gives it a nice sweet and spicy taste. You can use this recipe as a base for other types of sauces or spices if you’d like!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, lemon juice, honey and garlic powder.
- Add chicken breasts to buttermilk mixture and mix until coated evenly (about 2 minutes). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight if time permits.
- When ready to grill/BBQ your chicken, remove from fridge and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before grilling/BBQing on medium heat for 20-25 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 165°F (73°C), checking frequently after 10 minutes so don’t burn – you want it golden brown! Once done cooking your sticky chicken recipe will have a great lightly caramelized crust on top which makes it irresistible!
The sauce is a bit spicy, so adjust the cayenne pepper as needed. You can make the sauce ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The chicken can also be cooked ahead of time and reheated before serving.
- Cook on the grill or in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) for 40 minutes or until cooked through; alternatively, cook on parchment paper over direct heat in a skillet until browned on both sides; this will take less than 10 minutes!
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Coat the chicken with sauce before grilling or basting while it’s in the oven to create an extra-flavorful crust on your snack.
- A grill or BBQ works great for this recipe, but you can also use your cast iron skillet on top of your stovetop burner if you don’t have access to either one (or both).
Sticky Chicken is best to serve to with
- Corn (or other whole grain)
- Salad (mixed greens and tomatoes)
Veggies such as carrots, peas and onions add great flavor to this dish. Be sure to include some beans or lentils if you like them! Noodles are another great option for Sticky Chicken. Breads like focaccia can be used as a base for the chicken and then topped with anything from cheese sauce (like queso fresco) or pesto sauce; tomato sauce; pesto sauce…the list goes on!
Add-ins and Variations
You can add a sauce or a side to your chicken. You can also add a salad, drink, or dessert if you’re feeling fancy.
Sticky Chicken is best served as an Appetizer or Meal.
You can serve this dish as an appetizer or meal, with a side salad and some fresh vegetables if you like. Sticky chicken is also great for a party because it’s easy to make ahead of time and then just reheat when needed! Sticky Chicken is a great dish to serve at a party. It’s simple and easy, but still packs a tasty punch. The best part? You can make it on your stovetop or grill/BBQ!
Leave a Reply