Quick Peanut Butter Mug Cake Recipe
This peanut butter mug cake is simple to make, and it tastes fantastic! If you’re looking for a treat that won’t leave you feeling guilty after eating it, this is the recipe for you.
This quick peanut butter mug cake can be cooked in the microwave in about 5 minutes and is fudgy and moist. The best mug cake recipe includes chocolate chips or an additional drizzle of peanut butter on top. This delicious peanut butter mug cake comes together quickly and bakes in your microwave to a soft, fluffy perfection! You can make a single, serving dessert cake in about 5 minutes to satisfy your hunger for handmade sweets! For an even better treat, top your cup cake with ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, or toss in some chocolate chips, roasted peanuts, or caramelized pieces.
What is Mug Cake
A mug cake is a single serving of cake that is baked in a mug. It’s quick and easy to make, and since it’s just one serving, you don’t have to worry about trying to save any for later. You can use it as a snack or dessert. Mug cakes come in many different varieties; some are made with chocolate, others with peanut butter. If you’re looking for something sweet but not too unhealthy, this recipe is for you!
- 1/4 cup all, purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt*(optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to your mug, then mix them together with a fork or spoon until well combined.
- Microwave for 5 minutes on high power, then allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Mug: You can use a microwave safe mug or bowl, which is what we’ll be using here. If you don’t have one, you can boil water in a saucepan on the stove and then transfer it to your mug. Make sure to cool off any hot mugs with cold water before adding anything else to them.
- Frying pan: If you don’t have access to a microwave or saucepan, use your frying pan instead! Just make sure that the oil is nice and hot before pouring the batter into the pan—you don’t want it sizzling too much when you add it in.
Mug Cake Easy Recipe
There are a few things you can do to make sure your mug cake turns out perfectly. First of all, make sure you use good quality ingredients! This is especially important for the peanut butter and chocolate chips. If you have an open jar of cheap peanut butter that’s been sitting in your pantry for months, it’ll be best to replace it with a fresh jar. It may seem like a minor detail but trust me: the difference between fresh and old ingredients can be huge!
Second, don’t skimp on quality cocoa powder! I love using Ghirardelli brand cocoa powder because it has great flavor, not too bitter and not too sweet. If you’re having trouble finding this exact brand near you, just look for any brand whose label says “premium” or “fine” or something similar (just avoid buying anything labeled “bulk”). You’ll notice that most of these higher, quality brands do cost more than regular grocery store brands—but believe me when I say it’s worth splurging on them! The better ingredients are often used by professional bakers so if they’re good enough for them then they should be good enough for us as well!
Can I Make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake out of this?
Absolutely. Simply combine the flour with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. When I’m craving something sweet late at night, I enjoy this peanut butter mug cake. It’s really simple to prepare, delightfully peanut buttery, and extremely moist and fudgy.
Peanut Butter Mug Cake is a tasty dessert that’s easy to make. The recipe only takes five minutes, but it can be even quicker if you have all the ingredients ready in advance. It tastes great with chocolate chips or raisins added in!
Leave a Reply