Tortilla Meat Rolls Are A Great Super Flexible Meal
Low Carb Tortilla Meat Rolls is a basic recipe that you can use as inspiration to create your own variations. The roll up can be served alone, or with cheese and vegetables on top.
Low Carb Tortilla Meat Rolls is best served hot with an assortment of condiments such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole and Spanish rice. If you want to make these tortilla meat rolls low carb, you can use a corn-free tortilla and replace the rice with cauliflower. The meat-to-vegetable ratio will also need to be adjusted if you remove the rice from this recipe.
What is Low Carb Tortilla Meat Rolls
An easy way to use up leftovers and make them a little more interesting is to roll them into meat rolls. This low carb tortilla meat roll recipe is made with ground beef, but you can use any other kind of leftover meat, so long as it’s cooked before being rolled.
The filling for this low carb tortilla meat roll recipe is made from chopped onion and feta cheese. You could also add some chopped olives or serve with a tomato sauce if you wanted something more substantial (though the Greek flavors add plenty of flavor).
- Ground beef
- Feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Olive oil, for pan frying the tortillas. You can use avocado oil for extra flavor.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Don’t skimp! These are the flavors of life itself!
- Lemon juice, just a bit (you don’t want it too sour) or vinegar if you prefer something less acidic.
You can use ground beef, chicken, turkey, pork, lamb or goat for these meat rolls. The only thing to keep in mind when choosing meat is that the higher fat content will make your meat roll more filling and melt-in-your-mouth tender.
Tortillas are an easy, versatile way to take your meals from boring to bold. They can be used in tacos, burritos and quesadillas, or even as a vessel for serving up some delicious guacamole!
There are many ways of making tortillas at home. Here are a few:
- Flour Tortilla – This recipe uses flour as the main ingredient; it’s quick and simple to make (just add your ingredients in a bowl) but you need to allow time for the dough to rest before rolling it out with a rolling pin (or use a tortilla press). The tortilla will be best served fresh from the oven but can also be reheated later if needed. They are best eaten within 24 hours after being made since they tend not last long once cooled down completely.
- Corn Tortilla – Corn tortillas have been around since pre-Columbian times when corn was first introduced into Mexico by Native Americans thousands of years ago; these days these staples feature heavily in traditional Mexican cuisine where they are commonly eaten alongside beans and rice dishes such as frijoles refritos (refried beans). This recipe makes 8 small corn tortillas so feel free top double up on quantities if making larger quantities is required e.g., if serving more than 4 people at one sitting!
How much feta cheese to use?
1 package (8 oz.) Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Time to cook the meat: 1 hour
- Time to cook the tortillas: 5 minutes
- Time to cook the feta cheese: 3-5 minutes
If you’re looking to cut out the carbs and calories, try using tortillas made with zero grams of net carbs. You can also opt for a low-fat or fat-free feta cheese and look for leaner cuts of meat.
Low Carb Tortilla Meat Rolls is best to serve with
- A salad.
- Pasta (if you’re not allergic to it).
- Couscous (if you like couscous).
- Quinoa (if you like quinoa).
Basic recipe for tortilla meat rolls.
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef, cooked and cooled
- 10 large low carb tortillas (each with 7 grams of net carbs)
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread meat evenly in the bottom of prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly while you assemble rolls by placing 3 tablespoons of meat on each tortilla, top with 1 tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese, then roll up tightly, tucking ends under before slicing into individual servings.
Low Carb Tortilla Meat Rolls is a delicious dish that you can make at home. It’s easy to prepare and a great way to use up leftover meat. This recipe will take you less than 30 minutes! The best part is they only have few ingredients so they won’t break the bank either. Give us your feedback on what else would go well with this dish in the comments below!