Making The Best Homemade Blueberry Cake.
Blueberry Cake is a delicious cake made with fresh blueberries. The cake has a light and fluffy texture with a hint of lemon flavor. This recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
What is Blueberry Cake
Blueberry cake is a classic dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. This homemade blueberry cake recipe will help you make the perfect blueberry cake your family and friends will love!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly in a small bowl with a fork until fluffy. Do not overbeat the eggs or they will be tough when baked.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in half of the blueberries (reserving some for garnish).
- Bake for about 30 minutes. If you’re using a 9×13, inch pan, you’ll want to bake it in the middle of the oven. The cake is done when it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan and there’s no more doughy interior on top when you poke a toothpick into it. Remember that blueberries are their own kind of fruit, so don’t worry if they look like they’re not fully cooked—they will cook more in the heat of your oven during baking time!
- DO NOT OVERBAKE THE CAKE OR IT WILL TURN OUT DRY AND CRUMBLY INSTEAD OF MOIST AND FLUFFY. It may seem like this is impossible because you’ve been waiting forever and won’t be able to stand one more minute without getting dessert onto your plate…but trust us:
To get the most out of your blueberry cake, you’ll want to use a wire rack to cool it. It will allow air to circulate through the cake and prevent any moisture from collecting in its crumb. To ensure that your serrated knife is sharp enough to cut clean slices, be sure to wipe it with a damp cloth before cutting into the cake.
If you want an even distribution of frosting on the top of your cake (and who doesn’t?), opt for a small offset spatula rather than trying to spread it out with a spoon or knife—you’ll get much nicer results this way! If piping seems like too much work for such an easy dessert, feel free not to bother: just scoop frosting onto each slice and spread it out with an offset spatula instead!
Blueberry Cake is best to serve with
- Ice cream
- Whipped cream, like Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream. You can find it in a can at the store, but if you have time to make it yourself, it’s not hard! Just whip 1 cup of heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and beat again until thick but still soft enough to spread on your blueberry cake slices later! *Note: If you want to serve your Blueberry Cake as ice cream cake instead of slice, and, serve style dessert slices (which would be delicious!), use this same recipe for blueberry filling for the inside layer of your ice cream cake instead.*
- Cream cheese frosting—just substitute one 8 oz. package of softened brick, style cream cheese for 8 tablespoons applesauce in any basic buttercream recipe (buttercream is simply icing made with butter)! You could also try making a chocolate ganache with white chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips before spreading over top layers too.*
- Jam—warm up some raspberry jam by heating in microwave until melted into syrup (about 20 seconds). Pour onto center layer first then top remaining sides so that when cut into pieces each person gets their own piece full of sweet berries inside!
Total Fat: 17.5g (9g saturated, 5g trans)
Carbohydrates: 38g (3g fiber, 23g sugar)
Maybe you want to know how many calories are in a slice of this cake? Or maybe you’re looking for some recipes that are low in fat and cholesterol? This is the place!
This is a recipe for light and fluffy delicious cake. Give this recipe a try!
If you’re looking for a recipe that’s quick to make, healthy, kid friendly and delicious then give this recipe a try. The cake is light and fluffy, making it easy to scale up or down depending on how large your event may be. We hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for a delicious blueberry cake. If you have any questions, please leave us a comment below!
Leave a Reply