Oreos and Ice Cream: A Delicious Deep Fried Oreo Treat.
I love a good fried Oreo. I mean, who doesn’t? They’re delicious and perfect for dunking into ice cream. But I wanted to take it one step further, so I decided to make Oreos deep fried in chocolate batter and served with ice cream. Sounds good, right? Well…it is! These golden, brown cookies taste even better than the original version. Go on, give them a try!
These cookies, which are also known as wicked Oreos or blazing Oreos, are mildly amazing. It absolutely alters this cookie, which was a childhood favorite, for something so basic. Even though the heat changes the texture of the cookie, the nostalgic chocolate tastes are still present. This recipe’s use of breadcrumbs will give you a crunch that will remain longer and withstand the addition of ice cream!
- Oreos (about 12)
- White chocolate chips (roughly ¼ cup)
- Milk chocolate chips (roughly ½ cup)
- Cinnamon sugar mixture (½ cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Using a small scissor or knife, cut the Oreo wafers in half. The top part will be used for the cookie dough filling; the bottom half is used for dipping into the chocolate sauce. Place all ingredients except for the Oreos and white chocolate chips in a bowl and mix until combined. Then add these two ingredients and stir thoroughly again so everything is evenly coated by chocolatey goodness! Keep refrigerated until ready to serve!
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (Panko works well)
- Oil for frying (canola or vegetable oil are good choices)
1 pack Oreo cookies
Oreo cookies are a popular cookie in the United States. They are made by Nabisco and consist of chocolate, flavored wafers with a sweet, creamy filling. There are actually two versions of Oreos: Golden Oreos and chocolate, filled Sandwich Cookies. These delicious treats were invented in 1912 by Nabisco founder, Otto Frederick Rohwedder (who was trying to create an automatic sliced bread machine). He experimented with many different types of cookies before he came up with this one that has been enjoyed by millions ever since!
You can make these delicious deep fried Oreos yourself at home!
2 eggs, beaten
Add the eggs to a bowl and lightly beat them with a fork until they are smooth. If you’re using a whisk, use it to beat the eggs until their color becomes light yellow and frothy.
1 cup flour
- Flour is a grain product that you can use to thicken sauces, make bread and pasta, or cover your favorite dish in delicious pie crust.
- It’s also used to make pancakes!
1 cup breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs are tiny pieces of bread that have been ground into a powder. They’re used as an ingredient in many foods, including breaded chicken and fish, as well as in recipes for making your own fried Oreos (see below). To make breadcrumbs yourself, you can simply grind up some stale bread in a blender or food processor until it becomes powdery.
In order to properly fry the deep, fried Oreos, you’ll need about 3 cups of peanut oil for frying. If you don’t have this much oil at home, perhaps try borrowing some from a neighbor? If all else fails—and I mean if everything else fails—you could always go out and buy more peanut oil!
- Deep fryer or large saucepan
- Vegetable oil, enough to cover Oreos
Preheat your deep fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius). If you’re using a saucepan, fill it with vegetable oil and place over medium, high heat until the oil reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius). This will take about 15 minutes.
2 cups vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- 2 cups vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
This recipe is a great way to use up any leftover holiday gifts, or just make some treats for yourself. It’s easy, it’s fun and you can take pictures while eating them. Don’t forget to share your creations with friends and family! If you have any questions about this recipe or would like to share your own creative ideas, please leave us a comment below!
Deep fried Oreos with ice cream are a delicious treat for special occasions or just to have fun with your friends. They are really easy to make and you can use different flavors of ice cream to make them even more interesting! The recipe below uses vanilla or chocolate ice cream as well but feel free to experiment with other flavors like strawberry or mint chip.
Leave a Reply