Fried Feta Cheese Honey Classic Recipe
The fried feta cheese honey classic is one of my favorite recipes to make for dinner. The ingredients are simple, and it’s so easy to throw together!
This recipe is perfect for people who want a quick, easy meal that can be made with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. The dish is great because it tastes delicious but isn’t too heavy—the feta cheese and olives give it just enough flavor without making you feel overfull after eating it.
What is Fried Feta Cheese Honey Classic
This recipe is for a classic Greek dish, Fried Feta Cheese Honey Classic. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for any occasion whether you are entertaining guests or just having family over for dinner. The best thing about this recipe is that it requires very few ingredients, but it still tastes amazing!
The amount of people who can make this dish will vary depending on how large you cut each piece of feta cheese. I would say the maximum number of pieces would be 20 people because after that point, the feta cheese gets too small and hard to eat (or maybe if you were making them bite-size).
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put the feta cheese in a bowl and add the honey, lemon juice and oregano. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture over slices of your favourite bread and cut into pieces before frying in a pan for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve hot!
Aside from the fact that this dish is delicious, there are a few things to keep in mind when making it. First, use a non-stick pan. You’ll want to avoid sticking at all costs because the cheese will be very delicate once it’s cooked and you might tear it if you try to flip with a spatula.
Secondly, make sure your oil is hot enough before adding your cheese! This ensures that your feta will crisp up quickly without burning on its exterior. And finally: add honey while the cheese is still hot! This will allow for maximum absorption of sweet flavor into each bite of fried cheese.
- When choosing your feta cheese, make sure it’s the freshest. You can tell a good piece of feta by its aroma and texture. If you’re buying your cheese at the grocery store, ask for one that was made locally—the fresher it is, the better it will taste in this recipe.
- You can use any type of honey you like in this recipe; just be careful not to overdo it or use a sweetener that’s too strong (like maple syrup). Goat’s milk honey is an exciting alternative if you prefer something more exotic than plain old honey!
- Feel free to add other ingredients as needed: dried apricots or raisins work well; so do pine nuts or walnuts if you’re looking for some crunchy bits. Olive oil is another option for cooking your veggies—or even adding some leftovers from dinner last night!
This is a great dinner for people who want to prepare something quick and easy.
- It’s easy to make: You just need to heat up the pan, sauté some onion, add cheese and honey, and then put in the oven! Your guests will be impressed by your cooking skills!
- It is quick to prepare: Even though this recipe only takes about 20 minutes total, it still counts as being affordable because every ingredient is super cheap.
- It’s perfect if you don’t have time on your hands or don’t feel like cooking anything complicated today—just open up the fridge door, grab all of the ingredients from there (or from your pantry), wash them well at home (or at work), get out your largest pan with lid (or use whatever container you can find), heat up some olive oil over medium-high heat…and voilà!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! It’s a great way to use up some leftover feta cheese, and it makes an excellent snack or side dish. We like to serve these with pita chips and hummus, but they would go well on top of salads or pasta dishes as well!