The Most Delicious 30 Minute Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Meal.
Southerners love Cajun chicken spaghetti, which is simple to prepare at home. You can prepare it using only ingredients from your cupboard on a weeknight.
This easy chicken and pasta meal, which also has penne pasta and the creamiest cheese sauce, is a great way to use up any leftover chicken breast. It also has herbs, bell pepper slices, and a hot Cajun blend that you’ll love. The amount of heat and creaminess is just right.
Here is what you’ll need!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
This is especially important with less expensive brands of onions because their skins are quite thick and require longer cooking time for caramelization than their pricier counterparts do; you may need to adjust timing according to what type of onion you use here!
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano 1/2 tsp dried thyme 1/2 tsp dried basil
What is Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cajun chicken pasta is a hot dish that combines pasta with chicken. You can find rotisserie chicken at most supermarkets, and this dish is a simple way to use up any leftovers.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side (though be sure not to overcook it).
Add-ins and Variations
- Add-ins: You can add any vegetables you like to the sauce. I like adding mushrooms, but others prefer bell peppers or zucchini.
- Protein: You can also use chicken breast as the protein in this recipe; it’s just as delicious and much cheaper than buying ground beef!
- Sauces: For extra flavor, try drizzling on your pasta with olive oil before serving it up! Another option is to sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of each serving once it has been mixed together.
- Make use of premium pasta. Make sure your spaghetti is freshly prepared from scratch rather than using canned or pre-made ingredients. It will improve this dish’s flavor and make it better than ever!
- Use a chicken of superior quality. Finding delicious chicken can be challenging at times, but if you do, make the most of it—especially if you also have access to excellent veggies!
Use a premium cheese (I used parmesan).
- Cheese is unquestionably the star component here; it gives the meal its creaminess while enhancing flavor and texture.
Use a premium pasta sauce (I used marinara). When making pasta, don’t skimp on the sauces; they’re crucial to creating delicious meals!
How to make Alfredo Creamy
- Make the sauce first. Over medium heat, add the oil to a large skillet. Add the garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the bell pepper, tomatoes (or pureed tomatoes), and shrimp; simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp become pink. While you cook the pasta and other ingredients for the creamy alfredo with shrimp, stir in the soy sauce or tamari.
- Cook pasta as directed on the package; drain well in a colander placed over a bowl or sink with cold water running over it to completely wash away any extra starch before draining pasta once more into the same bowl or sink (you can also rinse under running water first). Pasta should be well coated with the chilled tomato shrimp combination while still being pliable enough to not crumble when added to the creamy alfredo sauce.
The recipe is only basic; feel free to modify it by including other vegetables and seasonings. If you are feeling daring, experiment with utilizing various pasta shapes or sauces that suit your preferences. The options here are virtually endless, including various pasta cooking techniques (such as boiling versus baking) and cooking times.
For working mothers who want to cook dinner but are short on time, this is the ideal dish. You can make it quickly and easily with any ingredients you happen to have on hand! Add 2-3 tablespoons of red pepper flakes, crushed, to your sauce before serving if you want spicy meals. After cooking, if desired, you can also add more green onions, chopped, or fresh parsley.
Leave a Reply