Cajun Stuffed Chicken Recipe – A Low Carbohydrate & Keto Friendly Meal
The best part of the keto diet is that you can eat all the things you love and still lose weight. Chicken is one of those foods that can be enjoyed on this diet.
- Chicken breast
- Cajun seasoning
- Eggs, beaten (2)
- Cream cheese, softened (1/2 cup)
For the chicken:
To make the chicken, you’ll need to first cook it. You can do this by placing your chicken breasts in a large skillet over medium heat and cooking them until they are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Then remove from heat and set aside.
Next up is seasoning! You’re going to mix together:
- 2 tablespoons of Cajun Seasoning Mix (or any other blend of spice)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- You can also add any other spices you like—I’ve found that these are the best ones for Cajun seasoning. Once your chicken breasts have cooled down, cut them into strips and mix them with your seasonings!
For the filling:
The filling is the key to this recipe, so make sure you use the best ingredients you can find. You want to use a combination of different spices and herbs, along with different vegetables and meats. Using cheese in your stuffing is optional but recommended!
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 1/2 cup chicken broth + 1/2 cup water)
- 1 medium onion diced into small pieces (about 2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic minced into small pieces (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon oregano ground into powder form by hand using mortar & pestle or coffee grinder (if using fresh oregano leaves from your garden, just crush them up with a wooden spoon!)
- 6 green onions chopped coarsely into large chunks but still whole; reserve some for garnish later if desired.
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed into small cubes
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Cut the chicken into 8 pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, onions, and peppers. Place the chicken in the bowl and toss to coat.
- Start by choosing a good quality chicken.
- Use a good quality breadcrumbs.
- Season the breadcrumbs in advance, and toast them to make them crunchy before adding them to the stuffing mixture.
- Use only real cheese, not fake or lower-quality versions of it; aged cheeses such as Parmesan or Romano will add flavor and texture without compromising nutritional value.
- The same goes for bacon: use only uncured strips so that you don’t get any nitrates from smoking it (more on this later).
- The Holy Trinity, which comprises of onion, celery, and bell pepper, is the base of the majority of Cajun meals. In this dish, the onions were left out to reduce the amount of carbohydrates. However, you may adjust the macros and add a tiny bit of finely chopped onions if you’d like.
Chicken Keto Low Carb
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (or thighs)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a press/strainer
A Tasty Cajun Recipe
This is a great chicken recipe that I have been making for years. It’s easy to make, and a great dish for a crowd or party.
6 g of net carbohydrates, 35 g of fat, 51 g of protein, and 558 calories.
Although I’ve tried a lot of delicious keto foods, this is by far my favorite. You won’t even notice that the cauliflower is healthy if it is served over riced cauliflower.
If you’re looking for a new way to make your food taste better, then this recipe is it! We love how easy it is to make and also how delicious it tastes. There’s nothing like having a good meal when you’re trying something new in life.
Leave a Reply