Instagram/TikTok is flooded with this genius wrap hack. I’m not sure who started it.
It’s so simple: if your tortilla was a clock, start at the center and slice down to 6 o’clock. Put stuff in the four quadrants. Flip the bottom left-hand flap up, then fold two more times counter-clockwise. Whatever you put into your wrap, this method holds everything inside. Eat as is, or give it a quick sear in an oiled cast iron pan, air fryer or waffle iron/panini press. If you slice it with a sharp knife, everything stays put.
This version is packed with vegan sausage and cheese, red onion, mushrooms and black olives, then seared in a hot cast iron skillet. Ungh so easy, so good.
More wrap hack ideas!
- JUST Egg/VeganEgg, vegan cheddar, onions, mushrooms
- Carrot lox wrap: carrot lox, vegan cream cheese, red onion, dill and capers
- Vegan sausage patty, vegan egg, sliced vegan cheddar
- Peanut Butter, bananas, chocolate
- Taco wrap: seasoned vegan crumbles or tvp, shredded vegan cheese, tomato
- Buffalo wrap: chickpeas, cauliflower, Gardein or soy curls. Add celery, avocado, vegan mozz and serve with vegan ranch or garlic dressing
- Fancy wrap: Apple, vegan cheese and onion (see full toppings list here)
- Jackfruit wrap: spicy jackfruit, cabbage and jalapeno
- Quick wrap: Tofurkey or Field Roast slices, vegan cheese slices, vegan mayo
- Vegan grilled cheese: vegan cheddar, shiitake bacon, tomato
- Falafel wrap: falafel, red onion, olives, hummus and tahini sauce
- Southwest wrap: black beans, vegan shreds, enchilada sauce, onion, vegan sour cream
- Mac and cheese wrap: vegan mac and cheese, buffalo or bbq sauce
- Korean wrap: use any of these components or these
- Tempeh reuben wrap
Viral tortilla wrap hack! This version is stuffed with vegan sausage and cheese, sautéed red onion, pizza sauce, mushrooms and oil-cured olives.
- 4 vegan sausages, finely diced (Beyond Meat or Field Roast Italian both work)
- 10 oz. brown mushrooms, sliced or minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-cured olives (kalamata or black works too)
- 4 handfuls of shredded white vegan cheese (chopped)
- 4 tortillas
- oil, for sautéing